Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Children grow so .........

I don't have to fill in the blank.  You already know the word.  I have heard that saying lots of times over the past year. 

Last year at this time I was preparing for One-Act Play competition.  I was pregnant, and I had the big belly to prove it.  I couldn't hop up and down on the stage when I needed to at practice.  This year I am preparing for One-Act Play competition, and I couldn't hop up and down on the stage on Monday because I was too sore from a workout.  My how times have changed.

I dearly miss my little boy when I am away from him.  I love the time that I get with him and there are no words to describe the joy and happiness that he brings us.  We laughed before Corban came into our lives, but there is a new kind of laughter in our home now.  My little baby boy took his official first steps yesterday.  I got to see them.  He was going after a box of goodies that I received in the mail from www.pickyourplum.com.  I cheered and yelled for Corey instantly.  I was so loud that it scared him though, and flop he was back on his rear.  We are just getting used to him crawling, our house is now crawl proof, and now he is starting to walk.  I had someone tell me early on that as a parent you trade one hard place for another.  It makes so much sense.  At first the amount of sleep was hard, now the amount of chasing around (even though it is fun) is hard.  He likes to eat everything, especially leaves on the floor.  I have used our vacuum cleaner more in the last few months than I have in all 9 years of our marriage.  I look forward to how Corban will grow in the future and I cherish the season we are in now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment